Client experience in the Food and Beverage industry
The client wanted to understand how they could run their supply chain more efficiently.
- They needed help creating visibility, standardizing processes, controlling cost, developing proactive controls across the entire supply chain and moving resources from a tactical daily operational role into a strategic one.
Scope of the project
- Inbound and Intercompany shipments
- FTL and LTL
- 40 shipping locations
- 10 receiving locations
- ERP: SAP
- 4,780 shipments
- 15 carriers
Design and Implementation
- Standardized costs on lanes, accessorials and expedited loads.
- Decreased carrier risk, improved carrier safety and reliability through compliance metrics.
- Each carrier used their own scoring system. We collaboratively worked with the client to establish a uniform set of KPI’s to manage supplier performance.
- Each location decided on which carrier to use and when to ship. All loads are run through the 1-Bridge Logistics system for visibility resulting in understanding freight flows company-wide.
- A dedicated account management team to aid in implementation and ongoing support.
- Proactive tracking and tracing to mitigate supply chain disruptions.
- Used data to drive continuous improvement and internal governance. Customized reports were also created to measure performance of shippers and suppliers.
- Achieved both direct and indirect savings due to standardization across different locations.
- Increased on time compliance at shipping locations and with suppliers with new KPI’s.
- Reallocated internal resources to focus on customer requests as opposed to dealing with daily supply chain operations and freight billing.